Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Triple-Layer Chocolate Cake

Eric and I saw this cake on some show on PBS and Eric just HAD to have it. You'll probably think I'm crazy but I am not a big fan of chocolate cake. I would choose white cake over chocolate any day. But I gotta' admit - this cake was fabulous.



1 chocolate cake mix
1 package chocolate pudding mix
Fix cake and pudding according to directions on package. If you have two 8" round pans, use those for the cake mix. I used one deep 8" round. After the cake cools, you will cut each cake in half to make the layers. The best way to cut the layers is to use one of these:
This is a contraption that has a very thin piece of wire going across and that slices right through the cake to make your layers. If you do not have one of these a piece of thread or maybe even dental floss would work. A knife would probably work as well, but a little more difficult to get a straight cut, I think. I set each layer on a plate once it is cut.
Once the pudding is set, spread it generously on the bottom layer, place the next layer on top of that, then another layer of pudding, then another layer of cake. Spread pudding all over the cake as if you are frosting it - top and sides. The 4th layer of cake is going to be crumbled up and sprinkled on the top and sides of the cake.
Pour yourself a large glass of milk and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment