Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pork Pot Roast

So Tuesdays tend to get pretty busy around here. Well, today was anyway. I teach piano lessons on Tuesday afternoon so dinner is always a struggle - I am never prepared the way I'd like to be. Today I was prepared! I've talked already about Cook's Country and their delicious recipes. Well, I finally got one of their cookbooks and I've had so much fun thumbing through it trying to find new recipes to try. So today, I was all over the place - and somehow, in between it all, I was able to whip this stuff together and we had a fabulous dinner.
So, if you want to get the recipe, you have to sign up with Cook's Country TV. All you have to do is give them your e-mail address. They don't send you anything unless you ask them to. Here it is:
So here's the thing about Cook's Country. It's good. I mean really good. And the reason it is so good is because they test these recipes a hundred different ways until they find the best of the best way to do it. So you know that the ingredients it calls for are THE ingredients. They even give a full description of their tests and how they came to their conclusions. Anyway, this is both fabulous and annoying at the same time. You must plan ahead. Get all the ingredients ahead of time because sometimes they are a little random - like parsnips, for example. ;-) A lot of times they are things that you don't just have hanging around. And I guess you could make substitutions, but then what's the point, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment