Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Cookin'

It is so hot here in Fresno - and to make matters worse, my kitchen is the hottest room in the house in the evening. So, I try to turn my oven on as little as possible. I did some searching on the internet for some crock pot recipes and there is a great site - The Crockpot Lady. She decided that for one year she would use her crockpot every single day and try different recipes every day! Sounds like insanity to me, but I'm grateful for her recipes! So, I've decided to share with you 4 of the recipes I'm going to be making over the next couple weeks. I have not tried them before, so I make no guarantees, but she does have a verdict on each one and says they're good! I'll post my own reviews after I make them. Enjoy!

Green Pepper Chicken

Coconut Red Beans and Rice

Foil Packet Tilapia

Shepherd's Pie

1 comment:

  1. We must have the same brain! I've pulled out my crockpot too and was looking at her site again the other day. My purpose is to force myself to make dinners again. If it is already cooking at home, then the decision is already made. :) I was also happy to see she has over 70 vegetarian recipes. :D

    ReplyDelete