Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crock Pot Green Pepper Chicken

I posted this recipe a couple weeks ago and made it yesterday. I actually used a whole onion like it called for, which surprised even me, because I usually substitute onions with onion powder because I like the flavoring onions give, but not the texture. Well, I figured in the crock pot they would get nice and soft and it would be fine. And it was, but the onion flavor was a little too much for me. Eric really liked it - so it just depends on your personal taste for onions! We served it with rice and corn tortillas, but found that it was even better with tortilla chips. So next time I'll probably just use onion powder and I think I might consider shredding up the chicken more and actually using it as more of a dip. Anyway, definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment