Sunday, February 26, 2012

Busy Mom Chili

I've never been a huge fan of chili, but this recipe is yummy!  It is very mild, and more importantly, fast and easy!  I got the recipe from my sister, who got it from a book by Anita Stansfield.

Brown 1 lb. ground beef with minced onion and garlic to taste.  Drain grease and add:
1 - 28 oz. can tomatoes with liquid
1 t. celery salt (onion salt or garlic salt will also work)
1 T. chili powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 - 27 oz. can kidney beans, drained (I don't like kidney beans so I used red beans - yum)
1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce

Simmer 1 hour. 

I love barley - so I added a cup of barley to mine as well.  (if you choose to do this, follow the directions on the package and cook the barley first). I also sprinkled cheese on top of each serving and served with corn bread.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment