Thursday, July 23, 2009

Creole Jambalaya Review

This was certainly something different that we have never had around here before, but I think everybody enjoyed it. Here's the thing: I used the cajun sausage or "Hot Links" as it was called on the package. You could actually see little red pepper seeds in the sausage. The flavor was delicious, and mixed in with the rice and everything else, the spice wasn't unbearable, but both Eric and I were sweating and wiping our noses cuz the spice was making 'em runny. The good news is that even the girls liked it - I made sure none of the sausage made it into their bowls - and they gobbled it up - Haylie had a little more to drink than usual cuz it was still a little spicy - but overall, I'd say it was a success.

I'll definitely make it again, but instead I think I might try to use regular smoked sausage, then just add a dash of ground red pepper to give it just a little kick. This one had just a little bit too much kick for me. 4 out of 5 stars. ;-)

No picture this time, forgot. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment