Monday, July 27, 2009

Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin Review

I am just so pleased with the recipes I've been trying lately! This pork tenderloin was, by far, the best pork dish I have ever made. It was FANTASTIC! Eric took the first bite and the first word out of his mouth was "Wow". The pork was so tender it was like eating chicken. Haylie ate two slices and Anna even ate a whole slice. They both loved it! I did baked potatoes and green salad to go along.

I cooked the tenderloin in a cast iron "dutch oven" - if you have one, use it - if not, a roasting pan is fine - but if you cook a lot of meat, consider getting cast iron - it is a GREAT way to cook all kinds of meat.

Oh, and I got the pork tenderloin at Costco for $3.59/lb. More than I'd like to pay but I missed the sale at SaveMart. The good news is - you get two tenderloins, and I only used half of one - so I froze the rest and we'll eat it later. If you look at it this way, the two tenderloins can make approximately 4 meals...that's about $4 per meal. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

5 out of 5 stars!!!

2 comments: