Friday, July 31, 2009

Sesame-Crusted Turkey Review

This recipe was very yummy. It was a little finicky in some places and I think when I make it again someday, I will try to make some adjustments.

First of all, when you toast the sesame seeds, be careful! Don't burn them! I only burned the top little layer, but it was annoying. Then, when I was making the cream sauce, I added the whipping cream too soon and so it wouldn't thicken so I had to do it all over again. And even after I did it again, it still wouldn't thicken - so I'm gonna have to work on that.

The other thing that I will change next time is that the recipe says to broil the turkey. I would rather bake it - the broiler caused the outer edges of the turkey to get tough. I think next time I'll bake it in my cast iron - just have to figure out the time because broil time is not the same as bake time.

So, once all was said and done, it was actually delicious. I served it over linguine noodles and we had peas on the side. Eric really liked it. The girls loved it. Especially slurping the noodles. But both girls ate all the turkey!

4 1/2 out of 5 stars until I can perfect it!

Check back soon for next week's menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment