Sunday, July 19, 2009

Menus - 7/20 - 7/31

If I can find the recipes online, I will just post a link for you. If not, I will put the recipe right on here. I'll also be listing whatever side I plan to serve with the meal - obviously you can do whatever you want. Also, a lot of the following recipes are new to me, so I won't be able to share much about them! I am on a mission to stop making the same old stuff all the time! So here goes:

Monday, 7/21: Creamy Meatballs and Potatoes / Steamed Broccoli

This is a Metler family favorite. It is on the recipe website that my husband manages for my mother-in-law (who happens to be a fabulous cook).

http://www.mlre.org/index.php?recipe=92

I usually half this recipe for my little family of four and it leaves a lot of leftovers. I should also note that it is possible to do this one in a crock pot - which is great in the summer! You just need to brown the meatballs first then put them in the crock pot and do everything else as directed. I'd probably do it on High for 4-5 hours.

Tuesday, 7/22: King Ranch Chicken Casserole / Green Salad

This is from the Southern Living "Top-Rated" cookbook. I have not tried it yet, so I'll try to post something after we try it and let you know how it was!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=257982

Wednesday, 7/23: Creole Jambalaya

Also from the Southern Living "Top-Rated" cookbook. Never tried it, and not sure I even consider myself a fan of anything creole, but I did have jambalaya once in college and I liked it, so I thought it was worth a shot. I'm a little worried that it is going to be too spicy - but we'll find out!! I haven't really thought of a side dish for this one yet...any suggestions?

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=435284

Thursday, 7/24: Italian BLT's / Caesar Salad

I LOVE BLT's. And over the last couple years, I've developed a taste for Italian subs - so this sounds like a perfect combo. Once again, from SL "Top-Rated" - I had a little trouble finding mortadella - I think I'd have to go to an actual deli for that - so instead I got pastrami - not sure yet if I'll use it, but I have it just in case.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=352568

Friday, 7/25: Chuck Roast in crock pot or chuck steaks / Grilled zucchini & yellow squash from the garden

This week, my Fresno friends, you can get a chuck roast or chuck steak at Save Mart for $1.59/lb. That is an excellent price. I keep my eyes on the Vons and Save Mart ads and usually only buy steaks/roasts when they are under $2.00/lb.

I don't have a recipe for this - I usually just throw the roast in the crockpot with some Pappy's seasoning, quartered potatoes and baby carrots. OR, I may have Eric throw some steaks on the BBQ.

Monday, 7/27: Pork Tenderloin / Green Salad

From SL Top Rated. Haven't tried it yet. Costco, I think, is the best place to get pork tenderloin. However, I just noticed in the Save Mart ad that you can get a tenderloin for $1.99/lb. Very good.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=257454

Tuesday, 7/28: Lasagna / Caesar Salad / Garlic Bread

No recipe for this one. I just follow the directions on the box of lasagna noodles. I use whatever cheap jar of spaghetti sauce I have and I splurge a little and add a layer of ricotta cheese. Yum.

Wednesday, 7/29: Baked Tilapia with Parmesan-Sour Cream Sauce

From SL Top Rated. I am not a huge fan of fish. Tilapia is just about one of the only types of fish I can handle and it is pretty inexpensive. This recipe looks very yummy. Any ideas for a side dish?


Thursday, 7/30: Pork Chops & Gravy in the crock pot / Mashed Potatoes / Green Beans

From SL Top Rated. This one I have made before and it is delicious. Especially with the mashed potatoes. I use the thin sliced pork chops - they seem more tender to me.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=592258

Friday, 7/31: Sesame-Crusted Turkey Mignons

From SL Top Rated. Haven't tried this one yet. I couldn't find turkey mignons so I bought a turkey tenderloin - it was a little more pricey than I like - but I find that every once in a while it is OK to splurge in the interest of trying something new.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=258358

(Don't forget to click on the link to the Creamy Wine Sauce within that recipe to make the sauce.)


On Saturday, we'll probably take any of the leftover meat we have and do a Brazilian Barbecue. Ever been to one of those Brazilian restaurants where the bring all kinds of delicious meats to your table? It's fun to BBQ and have a nice variety.

So there you have it. If you try any of these recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! And make sure you click on the right side to "Follow" the blog - that way I know you're reading and it'll make me keep up on the lists!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment