Sunday, July 19, 2009

Welcome!

Okay, so I posted a "status" message on Facebook yesterday about having planned my meals for the next 2 weeks and done all the shopping, etc. When we were first married, I was REALLY good about planning meals in advance. Over the years, it has become increasingly rare, I almost said difficult, but I don't think it's difficult - it's just something that you have to take the time to do. And it pays off! The way I see it, if I've had a crummy day and I don't have a meal already planned, it usually results in us eating out (spending money!). Then, Eric doesn't have leftovers to take for lunch the next day, which again results in him eating out (MORE money!). Granted, he is VERY good about making himself a PBJ but we all know that can get old real fast.

Well, I had several friends request copies of my meal plan so that they, too, could plan ahead and have some new recipes to try. Thus the inspiration for this new blog. I work well under pressure. So maybe, if I promise you that I will post my meal plans, I will feel the pressure to keep making meal plans!!

Let me just say, for the record, that I am no gourmet chef. I can open a cookbook and read a recipe, and usually it tastes good. I will not take credit for any of the recipes I post - I will credit the cookbook I got them out of!

Also, so far, Eric and I have been blessed with high metabolisms - so I don't do a whole lot of low-fat cooking. But, I think with any recipe, you can make substitutions to make it as low-fat as you'd like.

Sooo...I'll be posting what I came up with for 7/20-7/31 shortly. Oh, I should also add that I don't cook on Saturday or Sunday! Eric will usually barbecue, or we have something simple like pancakes or french toast. So my menus only go from Mon-Fri!

Check back shortly!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I don't know if you know this, but I recently started a cooking blog too: insideourkitchen.blogspot.com. It's mostly just for me (I'm planning to print it out into a cookbook once I've collected enough), but feel free to stop by if you'd like! Can't wait to see the meal plan. Bring on the inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete